I use open source tools to design, construct, and maintain highly specialized software systems in a LAMP environment.
I implement team-oriented development strategies to effectively manage the simultaneous development of several complex software products.
Lead Software Engineer
April 2012 – now
- Managed a team of four software developers.
- Introduced a successful development process that resulted in a vast increase in quality and maintainability of software solutions.
- Introduced formal project management practices that greatly increased the accuracy of the development team’s project estimates.
November 2010 – April 2012
- Designed and developed a bulk email web application using the Symfony 2 PHP framework.
- Maintained the university-wide course description management system.
- Wrote over 300 documentation articles to ensure the preservation of institutional knowledge.
Client Support Analyst
November 2007 – May 2008 and November 2008 – October 2010
- Provided technical support for client hardware and software to all units of Columbia College.
- Maintained and developed web applications for an internal web tools server.
- Created a centralized endpoint management server that allowed for more proactive and robust desktop support practices.
May 2008 – November 2008
- Implemented new software and hardware systems, including a Microsoft CRM system and a Microsoft Windows Server 2008 Terminal Services environment.
- Brought to resolution various software licensing compliance issues.
- Gained strong knowledge of how Microsoft Licensing works in general and for specific products.